Software Testing & Quality Assurance
About The Course This Software Testing with QuickTestPro/Unified Functional Testing Automation course is an intensive hands-on course is designed to provide an introduction to the complexities of software testing with QuickTestPro/Unified Functional Testing Automationand delivers testing skills that participants can immediately apply back on the job. Using a real-world case study, students will encounter issues, decisions, and testing experiences comparable to those in real-world work environment. Working through a series of discussion-based exercises students will develop a workable strategy for performance testing an application/system. The focus of the exercises is on analysis of a situation and understanding the planning and design issues associated with QTP. This course will also focus on problem analysis, tuning, debugging, or tools. This course extends beyond the simple use of a tool to look at the nature of software testing, the challenges surrounding testing and how to overcome these challenges to make the performance testing more effective. This course focuses on what QTP/Unified Functional Testing Automation testing really is, how it should be carried out and how it should be managed. Intended Audience: This course is intended for those who want to work as Software Test Analyst/QA Analyst/ QuickTestPro or Unified Functional Testing Automation Engineer. Prerequisites: Students are required to have at least Associates degree along with a good knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Internet.
MODULE - 1: Introduction (5 hours)
- Introduction and Importance of Software Quality Assurance.
- Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Waterfall and Agile Development.
- Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC).
- Software Testing Principles.
- Verification vs Validation.
- Quality Assurance vs. Quality Control.
MODULE - 2: Software Testing Techniques and Test Management (20 hours)
- Test Planning.
- Test Scenarios.
- Test Case development.
- Understanding requirement and creating test scenario and test cases from requirements.
- White box, grey box and black box testing.
- Functional Testing and Non-functional Testing.
- Retesting & Regression Testing.
- Smoke Testing and Sanity Testing.
- Retesting and Regression Testing.
- Acceptance Testing.
- Boundary value analysis and Equivalent portioning for maintaining large test fields.
- Creating and maintaining Test Data.
- Bug Life Cycle, bug Priority & Severity, bug Reports.
- Test Management Tools. Why test management tools are important.
- Bug Management Tools. Why bug management tools are important.
- Bug Leakage and Bug Release.
- Test Management (Agile Testing).
MODULE - 3: Automation Testing with Selenium (35 hours)
- Introduction of Automation Testing
- Basics of automation testing – why, when and how to perform Automation Testing
- Selenium IDE installation and developing test cases in Selenium IDE using record and play.
- Writing test cases manual using selenium commands and setting different validation and assertion in selenium IDE.
- Install and setup environment for selenium webdriver for Java (Manual).
- Setting up environment for selenium webdriver using maven repository.
- Locating web element from web page and execute commands:
- Working with ID
- Working with Name
- Working with cssSelector
- Working with xpath (absolute xpath and relative xpath)
- Opening links or urls using selenium webdriver.
- Handling keyboard and mouse inputs in selenium webdriver.
- Handling drop downs in selenium webdriver.
- How to handle date and date picker in selenium.
- Handling proper test verifications to ensure the accuracy.
- Working with waits: Implicit wait and Explicit wait.
- Working with different frames in a webpage in selenium.
- Including TestNG framework to improve and organize the test cases. ncorporating property files for centralizing test data.
- Generating reports to show the test result with execution time.
- Data Driven Testing (DDT) using selenium webdriver.
- Using keyboard core values in selenium webdriver to execute test.
- Scrolling, drag and drop, File uploading in selenium.
- Taking screenshots using selenium webdriver.
MODULE - 4: API Testing (10 hours)
- Introduction to API.
- HTTP requests for testing API.
- Installing POSTMAN for testing API.
- Working with collections and environments.
- Centralize data set for multiple environments.
- Creating different types of test cases for individual API.
- Working with dynamic variables.
- Data Driven Testing using JSON and CSV file in POSTMAN.
- Handling response data and using the response data as different types of variable.
- How to import, export and run API tests in command line using newman.
- Troubleshoot with postman console for tuning and correcting the test cases or API structure.
MODULE - 5: Performance Testing (5 hours)
- A brief of performance testing.
- Install JMeter and setup the environment.
- Getting familiar with Thread groups for creating a bunch of virtual users.
- Working with different requests to create load test.
- Working with different types of listeners for result visibility.
- How to organize the complete test suit with sequence of website functions with using test data.
- How to create and run script for catching the sequence of API.
MODULE - 6: Mobile Application Testing (5 hours)
- Mobile application testing introduction.
- Different types of mobile application to test.
- Basic checklist for testing mobile applications.
- Checking responsiveness.
- How to apply hardware testing, Software testing, combine testing for mobile application testing.
- How to test mobile applications with different simulator.
- Understanding mobile application architecture for better understanding of app testing.
- Using mobile command sections for more deep understanding if there’s any problem found in mobile application.
MODULE - 7: Exam(5 hours) & Live Project(5 hours)
(Note: Practical assignment will be given for home practice, and an exam will be taken in the course.)