Targeted trainees will be youth and young adults within 18–45 years of age for new entrants whereas for up-skilling courses age limit is 22-50 years. Further, in line with the key objective of the project, there will be special focus to include people from diversified group including low skilled, university dropouts, people with disabilities, poor, indigenous people and small ethnic community people (SECP). In addition, BASIS-SEIP will be abiding by mandatory provision of ensuring at least 30% female participation across all trainings. The following table shows course-wise preferred target trainees and their qualifications, at a glance:
Trainee Selection Process
Trainees will be selected based on the trainee selection criteria described above. PeopleNTech Ltd. will apply following strategies in the trainee selection process:
- Distribution of leaflet, advertisement in print and social media at the beginning of every quarter;
- Launching strong awareness campaign to make people aware of the benefits of the SEIP training;
- Social mobilization at community level to identify and recruit the most eligible trainees;
- Attitudes, aptitudes, aspirations, and commitment of trainees will be assessed through interviews for selecting most suitable trainees;
- A trainee selection committee will be formed at PeopleNTech
- The institution shall keep the records of list of trainees applied for enrolment and selected trainees duly signed by the selection committee. The institution shall also keep the minutes of the selection committee incorporating the process of selection of trainees and other related documents.
To be more specific, trainee selection and enrolment process will go through the following process;
Step 1: Online registration
Interested applicant can complete online using on-line registration platform of BASIS or PeopleNTech Ltd. For on-line registration applicants need to provide following information:
- Personal details
- Educational qualification
- All the related information of the trainee
Step 2: Short listing
Interested applicants will be invited to sit for admission test. The format of the admission test could be the face-to-face interview, written or both. Applicants selected through the admission test will be notified for enrollment through SMS and email.
Step 3: Final Enrolment
- Selected applicants will be duly enrolled on submission of necessary records including (i) photocopy of NID/BCN (ii) documents relating to academic qualification
- Information of the enrolled trainee will be up-loaded on the SEIP Training Management System (TMS) by PeopleNTech.
- All the trainee selection and enrolment process will be documented and preserved for monitoring as well as for other administrative and financial purpose.
A waiting list of suitable applicants will be maintained and considered in the upcoming/ next batches
PeopleNTech will conduct periodic /formative assessment every 15 days/ 30 days based on the duration of the courses to assess the progress of trainees. Based on the assessment, PeopleNTech will redesign lesson plan and conduct extra sessions, if needed. Formative assessment can be either written or oral. Documents relating to formative assessment need to be preserved at PeopleNTech.
Trainees will be awarded certificate after successful completion of the course. BASIS-PIU will prepare certificates. Certificate will be signed jointly by the head of institute and the president of BASIS.
Monitoring and Quality Assurance Arrangement
- BASIS-SEIP will monitor the training program on a regular basis to ensure quality training delivery in accordance with the CS approved by SEIP;
- PeopleNTech will provide full-cooperation to monitoring team/ individual from SEIP, ADB or any other person/organization engaged by SEIP/ADB/BASIS;
- Both BASIS and PeopleNTech will maintain a monitoring log/register in accordance with the template provided by SEIP at respective ends;
- BASIS-SEIP will send detail monitoring report to PeopleNTech within seven days of the visit;
- PeopleNTech will comply with the findings of the monitoring report and send a compliance report to BASIS-SEIP within fifteen days of receiving the report